Wednesday 26 August 2009

Taper Weekend in Paris

After feeling exceedingly rough after the night swim (I think I caught something from the river) I headed off to Paris for a long taper weekend ;-) for my birthday. Had an absolute blast and made sure I kept up my training by numerous bike rides around the city, climbing the Eiffel Tower and lots of walking.

After visiting France around 30 times this was my first time in Paris and what a great city it is. Jay kindly organised the weekend for my birthday so a big thank you for this. I think the highlight was sitting under the Eiffel Tower at midnight on my birthday drinking champagne and watching the tower sparkle. What a way to spend your birthday eh??

The weekend went too quickly though and before I knew it I was back at home getting up at half five, ready to get in the river whilst it drizzled under a grey sky. Welcome Back!

No comments:

Post a Comment