Wednesday 5 August 2009

Me and the Drunken Mermaid

Just me and Jezz this morning in the river this morning. Lovely morning, clear skies, sun shining. Had one of those "it's good to be up at this time of the morning" moments which doesn't happen every morning.

Split todays swim up into 6 parts alternating easy/hard over the hour. Hard swimming pace is now classified as "must beat that oil tanker pace" which I think will serve as a big incentive for all of us to push that little bit harder when we need to come the big day.

I likened Jezz's swimming this morning to that of a drunken mermaid today. Whenever he swims hard I think the radar is switched off and he zig zags down the river in all sorts of directions. At one point he got so close to me I thought he was going to plant a kiss on my cheek! I was laughing to myself for a little while about that and Jezz seemed quite amused when I told him I thought he was acting like a drunken mermaid.

We saw a few regular dog walkers on the bank today who said that they had checked out this page! Always good to see you and give us a wave next time!!

Got the disco glowsticks today...ordered to work...I think reception now think that I am a serious raver. Might give me some street cred so I'll keep quiet what they are really for. Still planning logistics for the night swim, we'll need a few people on the bank for safety but can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment