Thursday 5 August 2010

Nearly There

Not too far to go now before the big event and the plans are coming together.

The route has been prepared and plugged into the sat nav we have got for the bikes. It wouldn't be much fun navigating by map every other mile! I have painstakingly calculated the route so that the ascent isn't too bad going into Snowdonia. Despite my efforts we still have to climb around 6,500 feet most of which is on the final day when we will be pretty knackered.

We have a final long training bike ride on Saturday morning where we hope to test the sat nav out and do at least another 60 miles. I have even bought a new cycling top so that I look the part!

The accommodation is now all booked and we have a support kayak courtesy of Lake Windermere Canoe & Kayak and Gill who will be putting up with us for the morning.

Starting to get a little apprehensive but also excited at the same time. I hope I have done enough training to get through. Perhaps I should open up a sweepstake on how many times I fall off to raise a little extra money??

Talking of money we are raising money for Naomi's House and have a target of £2,500.

We have hit 23% so need a little more - follow the jump to support us....

This week has been mixed training wise as I had a long weekend away over in N Ireland at a wedding. I still managed to fit in a couple of spinning classes and will be hitting the river tomorrow morning for a steady hour.

Not long...

No comments:

Post a Comment