Sunday 8 August 2010

Friday Morning Training






Friday mornings are just so much easier than the rest of the week. There is no need to hit the snooze button as I instantly have that Friday feeling knowing that the end of the week has arrived and get out of bed with an extra spring in my step.

Friday was an absolutely gorgeous morning with four turning up for a workout. Started with a fairly steady downstream swim for about 20-25 mins then a quick rest. We passed the resident local heron who likes to keep a low profile just back from the river's edge and then swam through a bevy (apparently this is the correct collective) of around 30-40 swans. I was fairly careful to keep the splashes to a minimum as after experiencing 1 swan attack me before it would be pretty unpleasant for all of this lot to come after me so the less provocation the better.

We stop to turn around at the water inlet between Marlow and Bourne End and have a quick rest before heading back against the current.

I increased the pace on the way back and swam sets until the end using strokes and alternating between hard and steady. It is amazing how much quicker the swim goes by if you can keep your mind working on calculating sets and keeping track of your stroke count.

I was aiming to catch some of the others guys that were swimming this morning but wasn't quite fast enough. Maybe a little less rest next time and I will have a chance!

So nice to swim out in the open with the sun shining - good times!




No comments:

Post a Comment