Wednesday 9 September 2009

Close Call This Morning

Just myself and Heath this morning plus four triathletes in wetsuits. Water temperature up to 17.5 thanks to the sunshine yesterday. It is amazing how much difference that one degree makes as it makes that water that little bit more bearable.

We headed downstream towards Bourne End again today and were pretty much stroke for stroke on the way down.

On the way back I pushed fairly hard and ended up doing about 6 sets of 100 hard strokes with 50 at a steadier pace. After this I pretty much got into a decent rhythm and just kept grinding out the yards at a good speed. Felt fresh as did no exercise at all yesterday so must have had some energy to burn.

On the final leg there were loads of sculls in the water and a few four's as well. Usually there is nothing and today there were easily 15-20 boats. What gives??

I got a bit of a scare when I heard a loud shout across the river and upon stopping to look up saw a scull right in front of me heading right towards me. I had to take evasive action and duck out the way and the young lad in the scull quickly apologised as he realised he was on the wrong side of the river. A bit annoying but just shows how aware you have to be.

Went for a run at lunch as thinking about doing another aquathlon at the weekend as the lake is due to close shortly at liquid leisure and it would be nice to do another competition. I'll keep you posted if I enter tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment