Friday 24 July 2009

5k Sea Swim Tomorrow - Help!!

I have entered a 5k sea swim tomorrow morning down in Bournemouth with another member of the team, Frosty.

This will be my longest swim yet (in terms of time) and I expect it will take around 90 mins to complete. I am more worried about the temperature as I expect the sea to be very cold and a bit of a shock to the system. This will be the biggest test yet without a doubt so I am approaching tomorrow with some trepidation. The swim starts at noon so think of me then! I'll be happy to just complete the swim.


Had a great swim this morning in the river managing just over an hour. Not bad after last nights swim. Fair bit of traffic in the river and along the bank today. As I had time whiles swimming along (what else is there to do) I listed what there was to give you an insight of who uses the river:

2 x kayaks
1 x rowing scull (down and back past us)
4 x joggers
2 x walkers
1 x dog
30+ swans
3 x ducks
1 x cow (checking us out from the bank and mooing loudly as we swam past)

If it gets any more exciting that this I'll be sure to tell all here. I'm sure I won't be able to top the morbid tale that we were told last night about finding a dead body in the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment