Tuesday 30 June 2009

News

June
I have just taken part in the Henley Swim. This is a 2.2k swim of the world famous Henley Regatta course against the current. I came around 10th of around 160 ish competitors although I am awaiting the official results as the organisers need to review the finishing video to clarify my time. Will post when done.

Have been training in the river in my new wetsuit this week in preparation for the Henley Swim. It is at least 10% faster as there is increased buoyancy.

Bought a new wetsuit this week but it was too small and I had to send it back. I'm telling myself it was because of my big chest and not stomach!!

River training going well and up to the hour mark. (need to go for two hours in order to be allowed to swim)

Swam from The Flowerpot in Henley for the first time and it wasn't a great feeling getting into the river in my trunks in the pouring rain.

We are all being attacked by a parasite that lives in the water and seems to be commonly known as swimmers itch - nice. The result is a red bite like mark and a few days of itchiness until it passes. By then we've been back in the river again meaning that the cycle continues. I am reliably informed this is non contagious so no need to worry - Jay not happy about this though!

The team is fully together now and we are; me, Peter Frost, Heath Freeman and Jeremy Lovell-Davis. All half decent swimmers who are up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment